App Suite Cell Imaging Software
The HoloMonitor® App Suite cell imaging software facilitates kinetic live-cell tracking and analysis within a cell incubator. In addition to single-cell and cell population data, App Suite provides visual data in the form of images and time-lapse videos of in vitro cell cultures.
Cell Imaging Software — for and by cell biologists
Cell imaging software can be overly complex and demanding to work with. The App Suite software has been developed with this in mind. The result is a modular easy-to-use software tool, tailored for cell biologists working in the lab or doing later data analysis away from the lab.
Ideally, cell population data such as cell morphology, movement and growth rate should be obtained label-free. However, imaging systems based on regular bright-field microscopy struggle to measure these basic but important qualities.
Cell Population Data on a Single-cell Level
The reason for this is that older imaging methods create images to be viewed by humans. In contrast, HoloMonitor creates images to primarily be processed by computers. This essential difference allows the App Suite imaging software to non-invasively and automatically assess important cell population characteristics on a single-cell level.
Simple 5-step Workflow
App Suite features a simple 5-step user interface:
|1.||Select Application||Choose your cell imaging assay.|
|2.||Sample Setup||Set your experimental conditions.|
|3.||Imaging Setup||Set your experiment duration and frequency of imaging.|
|4.||Capture Images||Start your automatic time-lapse imaging.|
|5.||Real-time Results||View your data evolve during the experiment.|
|6.||Additional Options||Export cell videos and single-cell data to Excel for further analysis or reanalyze your results with other App Suite live cell assays.|
App Suite in 1 Minute
One Sample, Multiple Assay Results
Recorded time-lapse images can at any time be reanalyzed using any one of the HoloMonitor assays. In that way, multiple results are obtained from the same cell culture and experiment — saving time, money and not least precious cells.
Moreover, the HoloMonitor assays do not affect the sample. As HoloMonitor neither requires reagents nor labels, the sample may be further analyzed using complementary instrumentation.
An Introduction to App Suite
Watch this short video. Learn how the App Suite cell imaging and tracking software can help you in your cell lab.
- Operating system: Windows 10, 64–bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7 (8th Gen)
- Memory: 16 GB RAM (min 8 GB)
- Storage: 512 GB SSD (min 256 GB)
- Display: Full HD (min 1920×1080)
- Other: 2 built–in USB ports
- Monica Hellesvik, Hanne Øye & Henriette Aksnes, Exploiting the potential of commercial digital holographic microscopy by combining it with 3D matrix cell culture assays, Scientific Reports (2020)
- See also the blog piece A LOCKDOWN EXPERIENCE — Research from home, commenting the above work.
- Kamlund et al., Salinomycin Treatment Specifically Inhibits Cell Proliferation of Cancer Stem Cells Revealed by Longitudinal Single Cell Tracking in Combination with Fluorescence Microscopy, Applied Sciences (2020)