HoloMonitor® M4 System
With the HoloMonitor system, cellular behavior, drug responses, and cell events can easily and continuously be visualized and quantified over time.
Microscopy images are recorded inside the incubator directly in the cell culture vessel at regular time intervals, to not overlook any significant events.
The HoloMonitor M4 system comprises:
- An incubator-compatible base unit
- A motorized xyz-stage
- A laser unit
The laser and base units are used to capture time-lapse holographic phase images of cells. The system is controlled by a proprietary software HoloMonitor App Suite software.
Request a demo!
M4 base unit
The HoloMonitor M4 base unit can be permanently installed directly in a cell incubator, in a hypoxia chamber, or on the lab bench.
The HoloMonitor M4 base unit is equipped with a motorized xyz-stage. With this high precision stage, the HoloMonitor M4 can record time-lapse videos at multiple locations in parallel. Sample locations can be within the same culture or in different cultures.
M4 laser unit
The illumination source is a 635-nm diode laser placed outside the incubator and connected with fiber optics.
HoloMonitor M4 Base Unit
- Sample stage: Fixed
- Light source: External laser unit, 635 nm
- Sample illumination: 635 nm, 0.2 mW/cm2
- Lateral resolution: 1 μm
- Field of view: 0.25 mm2
- Working distance: 0.5 – 2 mm
- Autofocusing range: 1.5 mm
- Maximum image rate: 1 image/s
- Image size: 1024 × 1024 pixel
- Dimensions: 290 × 170 × 185 mm (W × D × H)
- Weight: 3.75 kg
- Cell culture vessels: 6-well, 24-well, 96-well, Petri, IBIDI
Motorized XYZ-stage (optional)
- Repeatability: 5 μm
- Travel range: 100 × 70 × 10 mm (X × Y × Z)
- Dimensions*: 290 × 200 × 185 mm (W × D × H)
- Operational dimensions*: 375 × 260 × 185 mm (W × D × H)
- Minimum space inside the incubator: 400 × 270 × 185 mm (W × D × H)
- Weight*: 5.15 kg
*Including base unit
CE marking are subject to the general principles set out in Article 30 of Regulation (EC) No 765/2008:
- Electromagnetic compatibility: 2014/30/EU and 2014/35/EU (low voltage directive)
- Safety requirements: IEC 61010-1:2010 (electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use)
- Safety of laser products: IEC 60825-1:2014
Sample and environment
- Cells: Monolayer of adherent cells
- Incubator: Access port for cabling
- Operating temperature: 10 – 40° C
- Operating humidity: Max 95%
- Operating system: Windows 10, 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7
- Memory: 16 GB RAM (8 GB minimum)
- Hard drive: 556 GB SSD (256 GB minimum) and external USB3 hard drive for backup and transfer
- Display: Full HD (1920x1080) or higher
The files associated with App Suite are stored in the folder C:PHI, which must not be used for anything else. User-created data is stored under Documents. However, the user data location can be changed at any time. We recommend disabling the internet connection during experiments, as e.g. updates will disrupt the experiments.
For service purposes, it is convenient if the computer can access internet when needed.
The HoloMonitor App Suite software is a powerful tool designed to extract quantitative data about your cells from the cell images captured by the HoloMonitor system. The software offers a simple and guided user interface, with self-explanatory work flow, from setup of the experiment to result analysis.
You can also easily create colorful videos and images of your cells. All data can be exported to Excel for further analysis.
Explore all applications available using HoloMonitor with the App Suite software here.
No labels, stains or specially designed vessels are needed to run HoloMonitor assays making protocols straight-forward and easy-to-use.
Mono-layer of adherent eukaryotic cells seeded in any of the recommended cell culture vessels. Download a list of cell lines successfully used: Cell Lines used with HoloMonitor.
- Glass-bottom Petri dishes
- 35 mm Sarstedt Petri dishes with HoloLid
- IBIDI plastic ware (channel slides, chemotaxis slides, wound healing inserts)
- Sarstedt 6-well plates with HoloLid
- Sarstedts Lumox 24 or 96 well plates with HoloLid
Prof. Stina Oredsson