Synthetic antibody patent awarded to PHI by Japan

Phase Holographic Imaging AB (PHI) announces today that the Company has been granted a patent concerning synthetic antibodies in Japan. The corresponding US patent was granted in 2020.

Artistic image of molecularly imprinted polymers (MIP).

With granted patents, we are on track to secure a patent family that can lead to new screening methods for diagnosing cancer at an early stage. The grants in the US and Japan, together with the prospect of grants in Europe and China as well, prompt us to consider how we best commercialize the intellectual property rights”, says Peter Egelberg, CEO of PHI.

PHI submitted the granted patent application “Molecularly Imprinted Polymers” (JP2017559614) together with Germany’s federal institute for materials research (BAM) in November 2017.

Synthetic antibodies

The granted patents protects technology for creating synthetic plastic antibodies that can be tailored to recognize and bind to specific molecules with high precision to, for example, identify cancer cells in blood or tissue samples.

The synthetic antibodies are developed within the joint project GlycoImaging where PHI participated with Malmö University and four other research institutes. PHI holds the commercial rights to the innovation, owning 75 % of the patents, while BAM owns the remaining 25 %.

Phase Holographic Imaging PHI AB
Skiffervägen 48
224 78 Lund
Sweden
+46 46 38 60 80
info@phiab.se

Phase Holographic Imaging PHI Inc.
265 Franklin Street Suite 1702
Boston, MA 02110
USA
+1 617-963-5150
info@phiab.com

Invoicing

VAT: SE556542781101
faktura@phiab.se

Securities Identification

ISIN: SE0005504636
LEI: 549300JZR79QYESM6296

HoloMonitor® is a registered trademark
Copyright © 2012-2021
Phase Holographic Imaging PHI AB

Phase Holographic Image logo in white

PHI Theme 3.12.2