User Spotlight — Frida Berlin
In the spotlight today: Frida Berlin
Frida is a Ph.D. Student in the Respiratory Cell Biology group at Lund University, Sweden. Her Ph.D. project focuses on the role of mast cells in respiratory diseases and the implications of mast cell mediators on structural cells, such as the bronchial and alveolar epithelium.
She primarily uses HoloMonitor® for studying cell behaviors, such as migration, morphology and cell growth, of structural cells which have been stimulated with mast cell mediators.
In this webinar, Frida will:
- Introduce mast cells and their granula & mast cells in disease
- Share her research aim, methodology and experimental setup
- Show her latest published and preliminary HoloMonitor data on cell growth, cell division, cell morphology, single-cell migration, and wound healing
Berlin et al. (2021) Mast Cell Proteases Tryptase and Chymase Induce Migratory and Morphological Alterations in Bronchial Epithelial Cells, Int. J. Mol. Sci., 22(10), 5250, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms22105250
Mogren et al. (2021) Mast cell tryptase enhances wound healing by promoting migration in human bronchial epithelial cells, Cell Adhesion & Migration, 15:1, 202-214, https://doi.org/10.1080/19336918.2021.1950594
About HoloMonitor user spotlights
Discover the world of possibilities using HoloMonitor in cell research.
Hear directly from current users within multiple research areas and applications about how quantitative live cell imaging data is useful to them.
Let them bring their research to light by presenting their latest data obtained with the HoloMonitor live cell analysis system.
List of questions that Frida answers in the webinar Q&A:
- Have you worked with other types of structural cells?
- You showed that your epithelial cells are migrating. Do you know the reason for this cell behavior?
- How long have you been using the HoloMonitor system, and what do you like about it?
- What is your experience in calibrating the system using the software?
- Why did you choose to look at the specific three out of the 30 available morphological cell features?
- Which culture vessels have you used with the HoloMonitor? And are the materials of the plates or potential gels and coatings influencing the observations?
- How will you use HoloMonitor for your planned toxicology studies?
Your PHI webinar team